Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The Proposal

Date: October 8, 2010

Matt and I were engaged on Friday, October 8, 2010. We had a vacation planned for the end of October and my birthday was in the beginning of November, so I sort of suspected that Matt might propose during one of those events. The day of the engagement, Matt took me to a park that we went to a couple of years back. We hung out, talked about our upcoming vacation, and enjoyed the nice day. After the park, we came home, got ready, and went out to dinner at Bar Louie. We had a great meal and were excited about going out that night to celebrate Matt's cousin's 21st birthday. A proposal was the last thing on my mind at this point, since I figured if it was going to happen, it already would have. On the way home from dinner while driving through Niles, I noticed a giant tower that resembled the Leaning Tower of Pisa. I was surprised because in all the years that I've been visiting Matt on the northside, I had never seen this tower. Anyone that knows me knows how much I love Europe and anything resembling it, so I was pretty excited about this tower! Matt acted as if he couldn't believe that he had never taken me there before and took a detour to visit the tower. We were walking around the Leaning Tower replica and I was admiring the tower and marveling at how much it resembled the real thing. Matt asked me if she could figure out the angle at which the tower leans, and while I was looking up, Matt got down on one knee and pulled out the ring. I was still looking up at the tower and hadn't realized what was going on - I thought he was just tying his shoe or something. Then Matt proceeded to get my attention and asked me to marry him! I was totally surprised and of course said "Yes!" with laughter.



This was taken almost EXACTLY 4 years ago (10/6/06). We went here the day of the proposal.









No comments:

Post a Comment